Call for Abstracts
All participants are invited to submit abstracts for poster presentations. Submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed for their acceptance by the Organising Committee.
Please note that your registration is required to access abstract submission, but payment is not mandatory at this stage. Accepted summaries will however only be published in the book of abstracts of the symposium after full payment of the registration fee.
You will always receive an acknowledgement of your abstract submission. If you do not receive anything, please call us +32 10 45 47 77 or send us an email to secretariat@LDOrganisation.com, to make sure we have received your abstract.
Deadline for abstract submission: May 16, 2019.
Notification on acceptance of the abstract will be emailed within one month after the submission deadline.
In order to submit your abstract, select “Abstract submission” under the “Registration” menu. Log in using your registration number (received upon registration) as well as your e-mail address. Select “Abstract Submission” and “Add”.
- Paste the title of your abstract in upper cases in the field “Subject”.
- Select whether you agree to be selected for an oral communication (if applicable) [Save].
- Select one Main category for your abstract (mandatory) as well as one or more Secondary categories (optional).
- Under “Authors”, add the number of authors and click on [Add authors]. Fill in each author’s firstname and lastname and tick the box for the main author. If no author is ticked, the submitter will automatically be selected as main author.
- Add the author’s full address(es) under “Author’s affiliations and addresses”. If several addresses are used, please add reference numbers between brackets at the end of each author’s name to refer to the corresponding author’s affiliation.
- Paste your abstract text in the field “Abstract content” (text only).
- To insert a picture, place your cursor into the text where a picture should appear and click on [Insert Image tag]. You can use several images.
- Under “Pictures”, add the number of images to be inserted and click on [Add files]. Browse your computer to attach the right images. (Please note that if the image is too large, it will be reduced to the A4 page size. If the image is smaller, it will keep its size. Please make sure the image quality is 300 dpi).
- Under “References”, add the number of references and click on [Add references]. Fill in the number of the references and the reference texts.
- A temporary number (TempXX) is assigned to your abstract for communication purposes. Please be aware that the definitive Poster or OC number will be communicated in your last information e-mail 1 week before the event.
- Click on [submit/edit].
- Click on “PDF preview” to check the result. Please note that the abstract should be one page maximum. Therefore, only the first page on the preview will be taken into account. If the preview shows more than one page, please adapt your page accordingly so that it fits into one page.
- You can update your abstract if necessary and submit/edit or preview as many times as needed. It will not re-create a new abstract but just update it.
The pdf will be inserted in the book of abstract as shown on the preview. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to fill in all data correctly and completely. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
You can have access to your poster via the website and make changes to it, until submission deadline, by using your registration number and email address as indicated at registration.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Poster size is A0 - nominally 90 cm wide and 120 cm high, in portrait format (no landscape). A final poster number will be assigned to each abstract and will be announced to the first author, along with the day of presentation.
Poster presenters are responsible for setting up and removing the posters.